Saturday, September 26, 2009

Westminster - one night in the Queen's backyard

 Stuart, my friend from Germany, will be here any minute! He's helping me move into my residence hall and will be galavanting about London with me for the next few days. We're staying one night in Westminster - a posh borough that boasts Buckingham Palace , Big Ben, Westminster Cathedral, and pages of other tourist sites in my guidebook.
I brought the wrong cord for my camera, so until I get that 'sorted out', I won't be able to post photos so I'll share my sketches.
While waiting for Stuart to arrive I wandered around Westminster Cathedral. Here are some renderings of it - impossible to get everything. It's a ginormous and incredibly detailed masterpiece of architecture.

3 comments:

  1. I love your scetches. They are more personal than photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a good sketch . . . and there are no obscene martial arts poses in these

    ReplyDelete