Wednesday, September 30, 2009

everyday adventure

Comfort is finding the nearest grocery store. Don't have a fridge yet, can't cook, but I went grocery shoppin'! Tea biscuits (cookies), fruit (slightly bruised - 1/2 price!), and of course Chili Coriander Flavour potato crisps. It's the little things.
Also signed up with a bank. Banks aren't nearly as generous with free stuff as they are in the U.S. I'm paying 4 pounds (~$7) a month just for a savings account. But without a bank account, it's hard to get a job, and other key stuff.

And I sure need a job.
I signed up for 5,000 clubs at the club fair, or 'Freshers Fair.' Jitsu, yoga, food appreciation society, debate club, hummus society, Dubai club (why not?). Hummus society? Really? Really.
The clubs cost money but hey - it will be money well spent when I'm all zenned out and baking something amazing for a debate event over hummus.
So according to my events info, classes start tomorrow, so I went to my department to get some help signing up. This lady with perfectly red-pink hair informed me that we are to have 'inductions' tomorrow in which all would be explained. Which was apparently announced on some website that I'm psychically tuned to. And that possibly classes for us won't start until mid-October. Wow! This school is so different from VA Tech. I don't know what's coming at me until it's there.
After all that, more shopping - one mug, one plate, one bowl. I bought an electric tea kettle. With a funny British plug!
O brave new world! I'm ready for ya.

1 comment:

  1. I a appreciate food too and and cant wait see your blog from the first meeting of the fatties... um a mean food lovers club

    ReplyDelete