Monday, September 21, 2009

jet lag is for wussies

Wow. I'm actually here. It's hard to fathom - that right outside this little window is a whole new country. It's 10:30 pm my time, and quiet. It's been a long but good day.

I arrived at 11 am and managed to work in some initial essentials:
-rode the 'Tube' - London's underground subway system
-bought a 'bacon butty' in the Ireland airport Burger King (bacon, catsup, and a bun???)
-drank something delicious called H2Oh! 
-took a nap :)
-went grocery shopping and paid in pounds
-didn't get pick-pocketed, despite the high level of paranoia generated by my guidebook (and my mom) on the subject
-tried out my pluggy thing that's supposed to make my laptop plug work and it didn't
-managed not to break out my map in public so as not to arouse suspicion of my tourist status
-did not, even one time, say "Righto" or "Cheers" (it was hard.)

I leave you now to collapse into bed and regain some of the five hours I've lost. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Frosted Flakes r better than Cheerios anyway. Yah I am the first to comment AND I got a pun in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you spent your first pounds and rode the tube. Let me know when the first "cheers" slips out by mistake. It took at least 5 years for me to let slip a "reckon." Beat that!

    Also love you and miss you <3
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete