Monday, March 29, 2010

what do u2, kate moss and delicious have in common?

So my friend Sarah was visiting from Roanoke, Virginia and I thought I'd take her to Covent Garden Market to do a bit of shopping.  I was scouting around the net for some interesting sites and came upon this fancy little cupcake store nearby called Primrose Bakery.  One review said it is the cupcake joint of choice of U2 and Kate Moss. Hmm.

So we took a gander.

Bathed in soft, pastel colors and warm with sugary good smells, the bakery is a delight to all senses.  From vases of fresh flowers on the tables to the immaculate, pink restroom (I'm thorough, yes), it is girled-out to the highest caliber.


And then, of course, there are the cupcakes.













We had a little trouble deciding, but after much deliberation:
 
I chose the Earl Gray Tea cupcake, with the lovely lavendar icing.


Sarah selected a lemon beauty, with perfect sugared treats on top.

With my strangely-pronged fork hovering over the bergamot-scented cupcake, I wondered briefly what the fuss was all about.  Why, it was a pretty cupcake, sure, but really? Bono and supermodels?
I took a bite.


OMG OMG OMG CUPCAKES FROM HEAVEN!!!! they are INCREDIBLE and LIGHT AND FLUFFY and mine was baked with EARL. GRAY. TEA IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.  

It was quite the extraordinary cupcake experience, and I would highly recommend it to the Covent Garden visitor.  

(Sal chose the plum cake. It was gone before we could take a picture. *Above photos courtesy of Sarah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment